HANS MERENSKY GOLF ESTATE
The famous Kruger National Park, one of Africa's largest game reserves, stretches along the entire length of the Estate's eastern boundary. Greet the African dawn on the manicured fairways of our challenging 18 Hole, Par 72 Championship golf course, where crocodile and hippo add spice to the normal "hazards" of a good game of golf.
Wild game including elephant, lion, giraffe and a wide variety of antelope and bird life are often seen on the golf course & in the surrounds.
The legendary Bob Grimsdell designed this unique course, which extends over a vast area of indigenous bush, interspersed with tranquil pools and velvet greens.
When you're not out playing golf, game viewing in the Kruger National Park or on a guided Land Rover drive in the private Cleveland Game Reserve, guests have access to all Hans Merensky's amenities and sporting facilities:
The Amenities include:
- clubhouse, restaurants, ladies bar, lounges
- ladies hairdressing salon
- driving range
- swimming pools
- GOLF: Hans Merensky boasts a Championship 18-hole Golf Course where birdies are not the only wildlife you will encounter. The impressive clubhouse provides all the appropriate amenities for golfers including an outstanding Pro shop, with vast number of Clubcars
- TENNIS COURTS: Six tennis courts are floodlit and available to both in-house guests and members. Rackets and balls are available on request.
- SQUASH: Hans Merensky has 2 air-conditioned squash courts for in-house guests and members.
- GYMNASIUM: A fully equipped gymnasium rounds off the sporting facilities of Hans Merensky Estate. This includes a sauna and overlooks the sport swimming pool.
- LEADWOOD RESTAURANT:
The formal Leadwood A-la-Carte restaurant is renowned for its 5 star cuisine and is the primary dinner venue.
- THE LAPA: The Leadwood Lapa is a superb outdoor venue for all meals including BBQ banquets upon request.
- THE "KOPPIE": BBQ's, "potjies" and informal gatherings can be held at the outdoor "Koppie" by prior arrangement.